Join Us and Make Black Friday Greener
Avoiding Black Friday is impossible. Clothes sales are everywhere around us and it’s hard to ignore the tempting discounts. Reduced prices and a sustainable lifestyle don’t go well together though. The Black Friday frenzy has a huge negative toll on the environment, but it doesn’t have to be this way.
We’re encouraging you to shop sustainably this year. Below, we’ve gathered some tips our team has been finding useful when searching for new additions to our wardrobes. We hope they inspire you, too.
Here’s how to do it:
- Do it slowly and consciously. Don’t go for a discount absentmindedly. Ask yourself if you actually need it – and be honest when giving an answer.
- Plan outfit combinations. What will you style the piece with? Does it fit in well with what you already have? Go for pieces that are versatile and can be worn to different occasions.
- Thrift it. Can you avoid buying a new one? Find a used version in a second-hand store or online – you’ll be surprised at how many options there are. Second hand pieces are given a new opportunity instead of being sent to a landfill and they cost much less than the original – it’s a win-win situation!
- Check the quality. Is the garment well-made? Will it last a long time and not just one season? Will I still like the design in two years? The goal is to keep (and wear) a piece forever – or at least for as long as possible.
- Do research about the brand behind the pretty photos. What are its core values? Is the brand local to where you are? Is it transparent about its fabrics and their origin, the workers, their treatment and payment? Support the brands that share your common values.
As a small sustainable fashion brand, we have always been an alternative option – a greener choice that treads the Earth more lightly. Originating from our ethos, we never offer massive discounts and this Black Friday comes as no exception. We do not have stock that we could offer at lower prices or production costs that we could simply cut out. What we do have is an ethical story behind our brand and countless reasons for doing everything the better way.
We couldn’t do it without you, so thank you for sticking with us time and time again. Our team has prepared a few seasonal treats for you – a holiday gift guide and some festive sets to bring additional warmth into the end of the year.
Discover our sustainable gift guide online.